Sunday, November 27, 2011

Black Thursday

Were you aware that Black Friday begins a day earlier now? We weren't. We arrived at Walmart at 9 p.m. on Thursday evening to purchase our XBox 360 & Kinect package. We had planned to chat and wait in line until midnight. But -- we made it to the checkout within 45 minutes of our arrival and were in and out with Brad's Christmas present. Who knew the sale actually began at 10 p.m.?

Anyway, I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving! Ours was beautiful. The weather was short-sleeve permitting with no sign of snow. In the morning we played football at a ward Turkey Bowl. (I always have to check myself on that word because I find myself writing "bowel" which probably also occurred after Thanksgiving dinner...but anyway.)

One of our couple friends from church invited us over for a home-cooked meal. Kendra made cute pine-cone name tags for all of us and strung up white lights. It was so cute! We all went around the table and said things we were grateful for and stuffed our faces. I love Thanksgiving :)

I have been missing my family like crazy though.


No comments:

Post a Comment