Sunday, February 27, 2011

Lump Everest

My weekend was great. One unfortunate thing happened though. We have what my husband calls "Lump Everest" outside our doorstep. See below:



When we try to get from the front door to the driveway, this is the hurdle we have to climb over. It's bigger than it looks in the picture -- I'd guess it's about a foot tall. Obviously it's really slippery. So when I try to cross it in heels, I'm usually hugging the side of the house on the way down. Yesterday I decided to be daring and climb it by myself with no hands. And this was the result:



I did the splits and ripped my favorite pencil skirt right up the center. I got kind of stuck in the split position so I yelled out for Brad and then saw a couple guys across the street. It was embarrassing. Not as embarrassing as when my skirt FELL OFF at a wedding, but still not my most proud moment.

The rest of the weekend was great too! On Friday, Brad and I went Latin dancing at BYU-I. Saturday morning, I went with my sister-in-law and some friends to see Sister Julie B. Beck, the LDS General Relief Society President, speak at the school. They just built a ginormous conference center so it filled up with ladies from all over Idaho. (I enjoyed everything she said SO MUCH so there will be a separate post about that.) The rest of Saturday was filled with going to the temple with Brad, eating the new and delicious Arby's sandwich, and playing an intense game of indoor tennis!

Well, off to have some Sunday fun!

2 comments:

  1. That picture doesn't do "lump everest" justice! It is so massive! Sad day for your pencil skirt though :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet you didn't know you could do the splits!

    ReplyDelete