Sunday, February 27, 2011

Our Valentine's Day


Brad and I celebrate Valentine's Day on the 15th. That way, it's our own special day! Plus, there are other benefits...like no lines at restaurants. But mainly, the flowers and candy are cheaper.

I stink at keeping surprises to myself, so I can honestly say I've maybe surprised Brad only a handful of times. Well this year I decided to decorate his office with candy and cut-out lovenote hearts on actual Valentine's night (while he was in night school) so he would see it the next morning. And I didn't give him any hints or clues. He was totally surprised!

On the 15th, my day at Artco was going pretty smoothly until I got called down to the front store. When I poked my head around the corner, I saw a bouquet of lilies, carnations and a rose with a note from "Dradio." I guess the florist misunderstood my baby's love name...I was so surprised and excited! I've never had flowers delivered to me before :) See how beautiful they are! (above)

That evening we made Brad's favorite meal - a creamy Italian pasta dish with bacon and walnuts. And I slipped him another gift (a mangerie I made). TMI? Sorry. We ended the evening by working on reupholstering our sweet couch.



Happy late Valentine's Day to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment