Sunday, September 25, 2011

Turquoise



I love colors! I've been through several favorites - lime green as a pre-teen and pink during high school. I distinctly remember my goal of packing ONLY pink items of clothing for a week-long family vacation.

For the past six years or so, green has been my IT color. Though still a favorite, and a color that makes me smile, green has been demoted to my second favorite color (for now anyway.)I love the brightness of turquoise. It's a fresh color that makes me feel excited. It's the color of Heavenly Father's beautiful seas, and the color of most of my new possessions.

The last few things I've purchased have all been turquoise - like a kid who always wants to chew their favorite color of bubble gum, I'm like a magnet to anything turquoise in the store. Check out this photo of my new running shoes, beach towel, and tennis racket (his name's Otto). All turquoise! The photos are a little dark but my new bathing suit is also this stunning shade.





Interested in a little color psychology? This link goes into quite a bit of detail about several colors.

Here's what it said about mine: "If turquoise is your favorite color your deepest need is to create emotional balance in your life, to be able to express your hopes and dreams no matter how idealistic they may be and to make your own way in the world under your own terms...A combination of blue and a small amount of yellow, turquoise fits in on the color scale between green and blue. It radiates the peace, calm and tranquility of blue and the balance and growth of green with the uplifting energy of yellow"

No comments:

Post a Comment