Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Some-More



The word "Nachos" stuck around when a few city boys left their delectable cheese/chips snack on the table and some ruffians tried to yoink it. "Hey, that's not'cho's!"

And everyone knows how Smore's got its name. I think that the word summer got its name the same exact way. Everyone just wants some more!

Growing up, my favorite season was autumn. If we lived in Georgia this would probably still be the case. The cozy hues of orange, yellow, red and brown, topped with the scent of burning leaves and cinnamon spice is just tantalizing. But, since we live in Idaho, summer is by far, without any hesitation, my favorite season.

I love being able to walk around barefoot on my tile. What, you do that all year round? I love going to the animal shelter and taking the dogs on walks. I know I'm a lab person but I have fallen in love with a Great Dane named Moose. Here's a picture of how cute Great Danes are! (that's the number one thing on my Christmas list right now.)



I love wearing flip-flops everyday. Playing tennis until 9 p.m. is also wonderful. And running on a treadmill loses everyday to running around the track at a lovely park. Rexburg has two that we love. So because of these outdoor sports I guess another great thing about summer is feeling thin. (I'm not up in the gym working on my fitness, being Fergalicious.)

Additional wonderful things about summer are cuter clothes, gorgeous flowers and trees, the sunshine on my skin, beach vacations, busy sidewalks in the evenings, and warm, happy weather.





I'm thankful to have enjoyed a safe, beautiful summer. Now it's on to autumn time...

2 comments:

  1. love this. miss you! let's catch up soon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pictures! I am not a fan of summers at least here in Arizona. I wish I could spend summers in Alaska, there is a beautiful place.
    I can't wait to hear what your costumes are. The Great Dane is a great dog. Looking forward to your next post. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

    ReplyDelete