Sunday, November 7, 2010

I never said it would be easy.



But it is so worth it. Life can be hard sometimes. To be honest we've stumbled a little this week. Brad was laid off on Friday. His company has decided to convert to an online customer care department so they've been dropping employees one by one lately. We didn't see it coming at all. Brad has been with the company since it's founding and has been a loyal employee and assistant manager for a year. We've now decided we'll sleep in on Black Friday and we're still trying to figure out how we're going to get all of our belongings to Georgia. I guess it's never the "right time" to get a trial.

Looking for a career job has been a little difficult as well. I've been sick for three weeks and yesterday I unsuccessfully attempted to be a good baker. (See the photograph of my homemade chocolate cake above...) But despite our rough week, life is still wonderful. We have so much to be grateful for.

Our ward theme this month is gratitude. The relief society lesson today was on finding gratitude even among our trials. I've been thinking and I really am so thankful for all that I have. We all struggle with different things; No one's situation is the same.

A few weeks ago when I was busy not keeping anything in my stomach, I picked up an email from my sister, Brittani. She shared her jam-packed weekend in Shanghai that was full of rainy nights, missing trains, sleeping outside in wet clothes and other mishaps. At the end of the email she mentioned that she and her friends could have stayed frustrated at the situation, but they chose to laugh. I think that is such a great way to view difficult situations. At that particular time, I tried her method. I realized that although I was horribly sick, I was grateful that my husband was home sick on the same day so I had a movie buddy.

Right now, I am grateful that Brad is working so hard to find another job. I am thankful that our apartment contract ends this month so we can move in with Crystal and Marty (Brad's sister) in December. I am thankful to have family here who is so willing to help out. I am grateful that I am completing my degree and that my cake was more satisfying taste-wise than aesthetically.

More importantly, I am thankful for Heavenly Father and my Savior. I am thankful for this beautiful life He has given me and for people I love to share it with. I am so thankful to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life to guide my decisions and bring joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment